Stumbled Upon

Wednesday

What would you do for a million dollars?

It's a game we used to play. What would you do for a million dollars (I'll use dollars as a common currrency)? And we'd all try to outdo each other for what we'd do for this huge amount. We could have said anything, it was never going to happen. It was always 'out there'. Then I grew up and things changed.
For a long time, ignorance was bliss. I had a job, a car, a place to live and the one sun holiday a year. Life was good. Then I grew some more and, even though I didn't have any clear goals written down, I felt that time was passing me by without me being where I felt I should be. So I got a second job becuase I thought if I was going to make it big, working hard was the way to do it but well intentioned, hard work in the wrong direction serves only as a good lesson in what not to do. So on I went.
It was when I came across a book called Rich Dad, Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki that my mindset really shifted. The business people I admired and respected were all business owners, not employees. So I decided to become a business owner. I started searching the web for products I could retail, something I could do from home and something that I could see myself making some serious money. That search is another story in itself.
I'm now a distributor for a wonderful company and I absolutely love what I do. I have now found the vehicle for the millions that I seek. It won't be overnight but now I can realistically ask "What would I do for a million dollars?". I find that I'm ready to do whatever it takes and it's not by accident. The company with which I work is in personal development and has given me the mindset or success through its products and I find, like any entrepreneur, that I can apply what I've learded to any aspect of life. Again, another story.
Along with that, I have two of the great reasons, bigger than me, to make my millions, my two children. I'm human and there are times it can become tiring, disheartening and challenging, I never entertain thoughts of quitting and I will do whatever it takes to promote my business. I could just as easily not write this article and watch the tennis instead but what do I tell those two reasons why their daddy didn't succeed like he said he was going to? More importantly, what would I tell my future self?
So perhaps you may play "What would you do for a million dollars?" and if you do, have a good think about it. Think about it seriously. What would it mean to you and how can you get your hands on it?

3 comments:

  1. Howard, Love this! By being willing to study personal development, Implement the principles and hang out with people like you in my circle, "What I would do for a million dollars" .... Has now became - WHAT AM I DOING with a million dollars! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the post Lisa. Yes, we are the people taking the actions that will guarantee our results. It's so great being in the circle with you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howard, Love this! By being willing to study personal development, Implement the principles and hang out with people like you in my circle, "What I would do for a million dollars" .... Has now became - WHAT AM I DOING with a million dollars! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete