Stumbled Upon

Tuesday

Your Goals

Steering away from the partial negativity of my last post and getting back to shorter posts, I thought I'd throw this log on the fire and see who warms their hands on it. (I thought I'd use this kind of parlance due to Wall Street II the movie coming out.)

Are your goals worthy of your actions?
When you look at the actions that you are taking to reach whatever goal that you have set yourself have you stopped to consider its worthiness? This is a question that anyone should ask themselves in any endeavour. What am I doing this for? What am I hoping to achieve and are the scales balanced here?

Because somewhere along your journey you will be tested once, twice even thrice if not more and only your unskakable certainty will see you through as you suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (to borrow a phrase from the Bard).

I have a dreamboard here that's all up in my grille every day. It's the booster rocket that propels me out of the mire becuase I can tell you this for nothing, being poor is hard work. I know, I was there.
So as we dust off whatever cobwebs may have shrouded our mind and vision, ask yourself these questions three;

1) Why not?
2) Whay not me?
3) Why not now?


“Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending.” Carl Bard

 

Just for Laughts: Following on from Michael Berry's post on the South African airline, I thought I'd share this you.

 

After every flight, Qantas Airlines pilots fill out a form called a gripe sheet, which conveys to the mechanics problems encountered with the aircraft during the flight that need repair or correction. The mechanics read and correct the problem, and then respond in writing on the lower half of the form what remedial action was taken, and the pilot reviews the gripe sheets before the next flight. Never let it be said that ground crews and engineers lack a sense of humor.


Here are some supposedly actual logged maintenance complaints and problems as submitted by Qantas pilots and the solution as recorded by Qantas maintenance engineers.

By the way, Qantas is the only major airline that has never had an accident.
(Editor's Note: I recevied a series of emails in July 2008 that indicated the above statement was an urban myth. To see a list of Qantas crashes compiled by Ken Sanford, please click here.)

(P = The problem logged by the pilot.)
(S = The solution and action taken by the engineers.)

P: Left inside main tyre almost needs replacement.
S: Almost replaced left inside main tyre.

P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.

P: Something loose in cockpit.
S: Something tightened in cockpit.

P: Dead bugs on windshield.
S: Live bugs on backorder.

P: Autopilot in altitude-hold mode produces a 200 feet per minute descent.
S: Cannot reproduce problem on ground.

P: Evidence of leak on right main landing gear.
S: Evidence removed.

P: DME volume unbelievably loud.
S: DME volume set to more believable level.

P: Friction locks cause throttle levers to stick.
S: That's what they're there for.

P: IFF inoperative.
S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

P: Suspected crack in windshield.
S: Suspect you're right.

P: Number 3 engine missing.
S: Engine found on right wing after brief search.

P: Aircraft handles funny.
S: Aircraft warned to straighten up, fly right, and be serious.

P: Target radar hums.
S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics.

P: Mouse in cockpit.
S: Cat installed.

P: Noise coming from under instrument panel. Sounds like a midget pounding on something with a hammer.
S: Took hammer away from midget.

5 comments:

  1. Hi howard,

    I've got 2 dream boards on my wall which I look at on a daily basis. They're right in front of my computer so they go in subliminally :-)

    Great to meet you,
    Thanks
    Gavin Mountford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Howard,
    Pictures of goals are so powerful! It's a great reminder of why today's work needs to be done. Thanks for sharing!

    On a side note, I loved your Quantas list.... had me laughing out loud!

    To your continued success,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Howard,

    My dream board s bright yellow and it sits on the wall as soon as I walk into my office and I add to it constantly. I think it is so important to look at it every single day.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Howard

    It is a great post you did .

    And i did it a long time ago yesterday i
    did my new Dream and goal map for my
    desktop on my PC and lap top so i look at it every day i eve cler up all my icons
    and put it in one fill on my desktop so my
    pickture is clear to me and i love it.

    Regards
    Theuns

    PS and thanks for you comment on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howard,

    Goals are essential to living a fulfilling life. A man (or woman) without goals isn't really a man (or woman). We must have something to strive for, something to get us out the bed in the morning!

    ReplyDelete