Stumbled Upon

Thursday

Why do some people succeed Part 1

I don't cold call. I don't go door to door. I don't have to pre-stock. I don't invoice. Nor does anyone in the business I work. Which leaves me with the task of marketing and then chatting with people who have agreed to be contacted for more information.
I get to talk with people from all walks of life, chefs, financial directors, salespeople and so on. All people looking or a genuine business. People from a corporate life looking for a way out. What I've learned though, is that it's just not enough to run from something. There has to be more. So what have my observations of the successful been? What is the common thread to all of them? Action!
The first thing I notice about all them is that they take consistent action, not just sporadic action. People whose DMO (Daily Methods of Operation) are consistent and congruent with their business. If that means sending out 1, 5, 10 or 100 people or speaking with 1, 5, 10 or 100 people a day, week or month, there they are. How does an ant eat an elephant? One bite at a time. Or to use another analogy, as a plane takes-off down a runway, it needs consistent power/energy in which to do so. If it looses power half way down or even two thirds the way down, it's going to get off the ground.
Another attribute of successful people is the company they keep. Now, this may seem obvious to some, rich people tend to know around with each other. Great. So if your income is the average of your 10 closest friends, how does that look to you? For me, it wasn't where I wanted to be. I'm looking to make MILLIONS. So while I love my friends dearly, they aren't going to be able to show me how to do it. Millionaires can show me how to do. And when you knock around with millionaires, you can see how easy it is to do it. Mindset. THINK MILLION DOLLAR THOUGHTS and fill your mind with what is possible.
What is your "Why?". What did you come to a business to accomplish? How long are you willing to take to pursue your dream and is your dream worthy of your efforts? And don't make it about money. We ALL want more money. But what is the money for? To be mortgage free in two years so there's no worries that the bank can repossess, to have a nice yacht in the marina go fishing with the kids... and make it about you. Be emotionally attached to your "Why". When you look a picture of it or read it on your goal card (you've got a goal card, right?), you get goose bumps and it drives you on regardless of adversity.
I'm going to leave it there for now because family time is very important!
I am a stay-at-home father of 2 and I live in Ireland. I am only new to being a father and loving it. I have been working from home since October 2007 with great success and I personally believe that everyone should at least be aware that they have a choice on how they spend their time and to be responsible for generating their own income. 

No comments:

Post a Comment