Stumbled Upon

Saturday

Food, Focus and Running a Home Business

Wow, what an awesome life I have. I'm just back from the beautiful city of Prague in the Czech Republic. We were gathered there for the first of our Team Europe Kick-Off events and also for the first of our Foundation Live events. My travelling companion is a hero of mine and a fellow entrepreneur, Patrick O'Reilly. I'm also happy to say that he's my cousin. He has a great head on him and I love being in his company and just generally talking things out with him. His ability to sieve what's relevant from what is not is just amazing. It was one of the reasons that I was delighted when he agreed to come along with me. You can view the pics here.
We arrived a couple of days early so we had time to check ('scuse the pun) out the city and just generally hang out. The hotel we stayed in was the Hilton in Prague and, if you go there, check out Cloud 9, the sky bar with stunning views of the city at night. And the food! I didn't have a bad meal the whole time I was there. The highlights for me were The 3 Golden Stars. Kampa Park and the Bellevue. We had our own room in the Bellevue which made it more intimate and a whole lot of fun. And I like fun.
And for me, my business should be fun. What's the point in trying to tell someone how great the food is in a restaurant when they can tell by your voice that you haven't eaten there? Same with business, how can I tell someone how great this opportunity is if a) I'm not a product of the products and b) if I'm not enjoying it myself? You know the answer there. Well, as it happens, I do love my life because of what I do and I am a product of the products and I do love to tell everyone with whom I come in contact (mainly because they ask why I'm so happy all the time or where I'm off to next!). And I think that's the way it should be; find something you enjoy and you'll never work a day in your life again.
Let me add at this point however, that as much fun and travelling that I do, it is a business and I run it as such. I'm registered as a business here in Ireland and I keep my receipts and bills to write off against my earnings. My approach is relaxed but professional on the phone as I don't look to work with just anyone. And it takes focus because I am a fully time dad too. My time to "work" is limited as I am a full time dad with another on the way shortly. So I've got to be top of my game when the window opens. Again, this fun to me and I love raising my own standards as I go.
That's it from me for this week. Have a great one, you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment